FotoWeek is just 4 Weeks away - November 9-18!
* FotoWeekCentral - We are excited to announce FotoWeekCentral at The Warner Building, 1299 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20004. Exhibitions will occupy about 40,000 square feet on the second floor of this world class office building in the heart of downtown DC. Exhibitions include: 101 Images For Press Freedom (Reporters without Borders/Magnum Photos Agency), 2012 International Awards Competition Winners, Global Goods / Local Costs (Pulitzer Center on Crisis Reporting), work by PhotoPhilanthropy, and fine art photography exhibitions Come Together (curated by Alison Zavos & Amanda Gorence of Feature Shoot) and Looking at the Land (curated by Andy Adams/Flak Photography). These and more exhibitions will be held under one roof at the most exciting FotoWeek hub yet!
* FotoWeekEDU Festival Seminars - FotoWeekDC is partnering with the Goethe-Institut in downtown DC to bring you leading names in photography. Presentations will consist of in-depth, six hour sessions, with a variety of important topics in photography. Names include: Brian Storm (Mutimedia Storytelling), Ed Kashi (Visual Storytelling with Passion and Purpose), Tom Mangelsen (The Nature of Shooting Landscapes) and many other icons in the photography world. To register with one of these all-star photographers, click here.
* Special thanks to our new sponsors and strategic partners that have joined FotoWeekDC in the past month:
* 2012 International Awards Competition and FotoBook Winners - Thank you to all who participated and congratulations to our winners! Please visit here to view a full list of winners and honorable mentions.
* Facebook Giveaways - In celebration of the Festival, FotoWeekDC is giving away FREE tickets and passes to parties, seminars, portfolio reviews, and special events! All you need to do is ‘like’ our facebook page and comment on the post to be in the running! You can also visit fotoweekdc.org for more Festival information. Share & spread the word!
* Festival Pass and Event Ticket Sales - Let the countdown begin! Only four weeks until the FotoWeekDC Festival. Don’t miss out on an incredible opening party, closing party, fantastic seminars, and a FotoWeekCentral hub full of extraordinary fine art and photojournalism photography. Tickets for Launch and Closing Parties are now on sale, along with Festival passes that get you access to exhibitions and lectures at FotoWeekCentral all week!
* Hotel Deals - If you’re traveling from out of town, be sure to take advantage of the great offers from Destination DC on hotel rooms. Rooms are booking fast, get yours today!
* Coming Soon - Look our for FREE festival giveaways and prizes through FotoWeekDC’s first Instagram contest early next week!
FotoDC: It’s Everywhere You See!
Raymond Thompson Jr., 2012 Uncover/Discover Selected Photographer
Capital Photography Center will be offering free events during FotoWeekDC 2012 as an opportunity to learn from their instructors, enjoy their insight and come away motivated and energized. Learn more and register for your spot now!
“The day turned into the city and the city turned into the mind” is on exhibition at the Adah Rose Gallery until November 4th. Painter Thomas Drymon and Photographer Julie Wolsztynski explore city life and landscapes of DC and New York City.
The International League of Conservation Photographers presents a Meet & Greet, Presentation & Book Signing with Florian Shultz. After 18 months in the arctic enduring subfreezing temperatures, camping in polar bear habitats, and diving beneath icebergs, Florian Schulz returned with a stunning collection of photographs and facsinating stories. To learn more and purchase tickets, please visit the ILCP website.
Truth With A Camera will be holding workshops in conjunction with FotoWeekDC. The line-up of speakers includes, Photographer of the Year Ross Taylor, National Geographic Photographer Karen Kasmauski, The Honorable Maurice Jones, and many more…
Susana Raab, 2012 Uncover/Discover Selected Photographer
Looking for a new photo blog to inspire you? Run by photo editor and photographer (and FotoWeekDC curator!) Alison Zavos, Feature Shoot covers commercial and fine art photography with an archive of over 2,000+ international photographers. Feature Shoot showcases work from up-and-coming photographers alongside establisted photographers.
Holly Foss will be holding an exhibit from October 23, 2012 to January 4, 2013 as part of the TTR Sotheby’s International (a FotoWeekDC Sponsor) Reality’s Artist Showcase series. Her photographs depict beauty and an artistic significance found in the purity of a landscape, the architectural grace of a structure or the drama in nature’s effect on a city block in the early morning rain. Her photographs depict beauty and a significance we often never notice.
Adobe Photographer Peter Krogh will be holding a FREE presentation on Saturday November 10th from 12pm-1:30pm at George Washington University, Morton Auditorium. The lecture is entitled, “Lightroom 4 — An Important Tool for Today’s Photographer,” and will focus on how to streamline the import process, create a simple organizational structure, along with how to enhance, refine and add stylistic effects to your images using both global and local non-destructive image adjustments. Registration information to come soon!
Twitter Digg Facebook Delicious Reddit StumbleUpon DZone Google LinkedIn MisterWong MySpace Netvouz NewsVine Slashdot Technorati YahooMyWeb BlinkList Design Float Webnews.de
Copyright © 2012 FotoDC, All rights reserved.